Saturday, February 19, 2011

What is a Thought Record?

At the risk of admitting a big "duh" from you:  first, it's the name of my blog.  But, like many blog titles, it has another meaning.  For those "in the know" in the Cognitive Behavior Therapy world, a Thought Record is a specific task or means of analyzing your thoughts, behaviors, feelings in a given situation.  It also provides a means of helping you change your thoughts to more realistic, balanced, and reality-based thinking that will also help you to have healthier feelings and more productive behaviors.  All of that is well and good, but I don't have such a lofty goal. 

My goal for the blog is to give me an outlet for my thoughts as they relate somewhat to the profession and my experience within it, but mostly to my thoughts about being a human on this planet experiencing some of the same struggles and curiosities as the rest of you.  You see, I am a psychologist by profession, but I am mostly a human being.  So some things will be professional and some things will be personal.   I plan to feature information that I find interesting, irreverent, or just plain irritating.  You can be the judge.

Just FYI.  Here I be in my office:

                                                       Damn web cam pics...

No comments:

Post a Comment